MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The most tagged keywords

Sarah Taylor Festival Report

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sarah Taylor Festival Report

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:43 pm

Junior Match Aid 3 Day Festival
During the 4th, 5th and 6th of August, Match Aid held the Junior 3 Day Festival at Partridge Lakes. The lakes used were Spey/Marsh, Covey 5 and Covey 6.
On Day 1, I drew 9 Spey which I thought is a good peg as it is in the middle of the lake which is where you need to be. I couldn't have been more wrong. However, this meant that I was on Lee Kerry's team

I fished a topkit+1 and a topkit line to my left with pellet and a deck+ shallow rig on the track line with casters. Due to the strong wind, I could not get across. I would only set it up if I needed to or if the wind dropped. The fishing was really hard and none of my lines were really producing so i had to change to fishing on the deck down the track kinder potting maggots in just to catch fish. I ended up being in the worst section but luckily I won it with 8kg. 17kg won our lake which shows how poor it fished.
On Day 2, I drew 113 on Covey 5 which was the first peg in our 5-peg section which meant I had some room to my right. I had a good angler on 117 at the other end of our section which meant that it was not going to be easy.
I fished the same lines as I did on Spey (topkit, topkit+1 on pellets, deck and shallow at about 7m with casters). It was slow fishingA very late spell of F1's on my topkit+1 line boosted my weight up and I managed a second in section with 14kg and got beat by the flyer 117 which weighed 15/16kg. This left it all to the last day and I knew I wouldn't do too well in the overalls due to having 3 points but it was still all to play for.
Day 3 came about and I drew 149 on Covey 6. I changed my plan slightly and decided to fish a topkit+2 instead of a topkit. This worked well and caught me some fish but I didn't bag up. However, they did come shallow for a short period of time. I had 10 quick bited which produced 10 F1's but then they just dissapeared and there was even no sign on the deck either! Keeping fish going into the net was key to try and get a good weight. I managed another second in section with 21kg and was beat with 29kg.
At the presentation, it turns out that I was 8th overall which was a result! And another result was that Lee's team won against Des and Andy Findlay's team!!
I would like to thank Match Aid for all the hard work they put in for events like these. I truly think that this could be the future for Junior events! I would also like to thank Lee Kerry for the help he gave me on the day when things were hard going and the advice he gave me before the match. Also, Steve Openshaw for the info he gave me on the pegs that I drew.
A big well done to Jordan Holloway and Liam Miller for coming first and second overall!
And a massive thank you to Maver for always supporting me
Really looking forward to next year's event!!

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.match-aid.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Sarah Taylor Festival Report

Post by duckdoo on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:31 pm

Fantastic write up Sarah, well done and keep posting please.

duckdoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top